Welcome to the homepage of British conductor, baritone, composer, and engraver, Josh Quinlan. He has worked with many of the UK’s leading artists, and has appeared in high-profile events including the likes of the BBC Proms, the Ryedale Festival and the Snape Proms.
Josh’s portfolio comprises collaborations with artists including the likes of the Royal Philharmonic and Royal Liverpool Philharmonic orchestras, The Swingles, the National Youth Choirs of Great Britain, Ralph Allwood MBE, mezzo-soprano Jennifer Johnston, and composer Kristina Arakelyan. He is in high demand as a performer for concerts and recording sessions, and has written, arranged, edited and produced music for clients including the BBC, Pretty Decent Music, the English Chamber Orchestra, and Primal Scream.
Please contact Josh if you would be interested in working with him or have any
- Filming session in LondonToday, I was working on a filming project at a London studio with my wonderful friends and colleagues Adam Hope, Mariana Rosas, and Ruth Evans, alongside the brilliant Dan from Shorefront Films, on a new video as part of NYCGB’s Musician I am always so excited to work around cameras, whether that be in front […]
- Adventures with Dorico…As many of you will know, I have been using Sibelius for years, even preceding its notorious (and arguably permanently damaging) acquisition by Avid in 2006. Digital music notation programs have surely come a long way since 2005, when I received my first copy of Sibelius (version 4, to be precise) in the post; the […]
- International Albinism Awareness Day 2022Today is International Albinism Awareness Day – a United Nations initiative devised to spread awareness for Albinism and strike back against the injustices done to people with my condition. To celebrate this, I have decided to create a page on my website devoted to explaining Albinism from my perspective, which you can view here. I’m […]
- Recording session with Primal Scream’s Bobby GillespieYesterday I was delighted to conduct and sing for a recording session with Primal Scream’s Bobby Gillespie – a true legend of the rock world. Having been engaged for the session by Ralph Allwood last week, I was stunned when I got a call on Wednesday telling me that I would need to step in […]
- Josh starts working for National Youth Choirs of Great BritainI am absolutely delighted to start working for NYCGB as Digital Content Assistant (Creative & Learning) today. I will be working closely with Head of Artistic Planning and Participation Ruth Evans, NYCGB’s Principal Conductors and the wider team to produce exciting digital content to enhance performance outcomes, whilst also devising new digital opportunities for the […]